4.13.3 - Cannot disable White Background i.e. no longer can make transparent

Wasn’t there a way to disable the white background?

1 Like

This is happening to me as well.

Please fix this.:pray:

1 Like

Hi folks,

This is in fact not a bug but a recent addition to Vectornator that came along with 4.13.3!

Due to popular demand, we have introduced a new Artboard Fill feature which functions as a background color for your work. If you choose to switch off ‘Include Background’ while exporting to PNG or SVG then the background will be transparent. Here’s a quick demo of how it works:

Cheers,
Helen

This is very disappointing because it’s important to have the transparent background during the process and not only when you’re finished. Now it means you have to choose everytime a certain color of background for B&W designs to see all the colors.

Can you introduce the previous version back, where you’re able to switch off the white bakground?

2 Likes

Yes! I couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

Please bring back the ability to have a transparent background for the whole process, not just when you export it. When I switch off “include background”, it is still exporting it with a white background.

I concur. Please do.

Yes, the help guide says I can turn transparency on in canvas settings, l’m confused.

Hi folks,

As mentioned, we recently introduced the Artboard Fill feature to Vectornator. As we are regularly improving and developing the software, it can occur from time to time that some learning materials become slightly outdated - thanks for bringing this to our attention so that we can update the article accordingly!

If you would like the ability to apply transparency to an active Artboard, I recommend posting to the Ideas & Feedback forum so that the team can gauge the proposal’s popularity.

Cheers,
Helen