Something is not working in Vectornator and you’re running into a bug? Then this is the category for you!
- Before creating a new topic, search for a ticket using the keywords to make sure it hasn’t been reported by another member of our community.
- Make sure to review the topic template (see below) when reporting a bug. Please try to include as much information as you can. This will help us diagnose your issue and find a solution faster.
- Please try to explain the bug in an easy to understand way;
- Provide a detailed description of the issue and incorrect behavior;
- Describe the steps you took so that we can reproduce this issue;
- Provide a screenshot of the error message, issue, or unexpected outcome.
We may also require additional information, such as crash reports, sample documents and screen recordings. Below you can find links and some quick tutorials with instructions.
This is one of the best ways for us to see what is happening on your side. Please try to attach a short video that includes both the issue and the steps you took before encountering it.
Check this page to find more information on how to take a screenshot or screen recording:
Try to reproduce the issue in another Vectornator file. If the issue is not reproducible there, that means that the bug is related to one specific file. Please provide us with this file so we can troubleshoot the issue. You can attach the file in the Forum post. Or you can write us an email to email@example.com with a link to your Forum post and provide us with this file privately.
Once the application on iOS or macOS crashes, it’ll automatically create an .ips file containing details about this crash. Attaching this log will help us better understand what caused this issue and how we can solve it.
Here’s how you can find this file:
macOS: In the Finder, go to your Applications folder, then Utilities and launch the Console app. Select Crash Reports, find the Vectornator process and select it. Control-click it and press “Reveal in Finder” from the shortcut menu. Copy or drag out the selected report and attach it to the Forum post.
iOS: go to iPad/iPhone Settings → Privacy → Analytics&Improvements → Analytics Data → scroll down to see crash reports named Vectornator-202.-…-… . → provide us with this .ips file.
You can upload them to any third-party file-sharing service, such as WeTransfer, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar, and pasting the URLs. Please make sure the correct sharing permissions have been set (our support email is firstname.lastname@example.org).