Can’t export individual layers or groups

So I’ve seen that it’s possible to export individual layers and groups, but I can’t seem to do it on my device. No matter which file I’m in, the options are all greyed out.

Are there any settings I can adjust to fix this? Or just any way to solve this issue? I’m running an iPad Mini 6 with the latest iPadOS version.

Hi there @Vector_hector,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

The option to export an individual Group is in fact a bug within Vectornator. It is only currently possible to export individual Layers or entire documents.

That said, you should absolutely be able to export a single Layer from your file by selecting the Layer (thus highlighting its contents) → long press/lightly swipe from right to left → export

If this still does not work then please forward the file in question for testing purposes.

Cheers,
Helen

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the option to export a group becomes an actual feature?:crossed_fingers:t2:

As stated, this happens on all of my files, so it’s not limited to any specific file. I’m just completely unable to export individual layers at all.

Hi there @Vector_hector,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Would you mind forwarding a brief screen recording of the process of trying to export a single layer?

Thanks,
Helen

Ah, my apologies. I misunderstood what a “layer” is in Vectornator. When I said “layer” I was referring to individual paths & objects. I wanted to export individual objects to remove the blank space that often appears when exporting layers (the blank space is the unused art board space). Sorry for the miscommunication.