Cannot paste lines with "Brush" setting

*I can’t speak English, so I use DeppL to translate into English.

I was using the “brush” setting to draw a line of gradually varying thickness.
When I try to paste the completed line to another artboard, a transparent line appears, even though it is not hidden. So I had no choice but to redo the settings and the app crashed.

Is there any way to avoid this phenomenon? From what I’ve been able to find out, the same problem occurs if I copy the lines individually or if I copy them while switching to a different tool.

The actual behavior is attached below:

Hey @Cutter,

We’re sorry to hear about the problem you’ve encountered. We would like to help but we’ll need this file for testing purposes. Please feel free to attach this .vectornator file here. Or you can write us an email to support@vectornator.io mentioning Forum: “Cannot paste lines with “Brush” setting” in the subject field and provide us with this file. More info about your device, OS version, and app version might also be helpful.

I would appreciate it if you could also check if you received any crash reports after this happened. To find crash reports: go to iPad SettingsPrivacyAnalytics&ImprovementsAnalytics Datascroll down to see crash reports named Vectornator-2022-01-… . In case you received one, please share this .ips file with us.
Thanks for your help.

Warmest regards ,
Oksana

Thanks for the reply.
I have created a project for sharing and duplicated only the object in question. I have confirmed that the problem is not dependent on a specific project.

There is one artboard in the project, so please duplicate the entire artboard. Hopefully, you will see the same behavior.

The device details are as follows:

• Model: iPad Air 4 (A2316)
  • App version: 4.5.2

The project is here:

I have never handled the analysis data myself before, and considering the possibility that it contains personal information, I will send it to you separately by e-mail.

Hey @Cutter,
I just received a reply from our team that soon we are going to release an update with a fix to this issue. I would really appreciate if you can check it once this update will go live and let me know if you still experience any issues.

Warmest regards,
Oksana

1 Like

Hi @Cutter :wave:

We recently released an update that fixes this bug. Please give it a try.
And let me know if you still experience any issues.

Bye,
Oksana

4 Likes

Confirmed that the line can now be duplicated. Thank you!

1 Like

I immediately tried to create various things. I was able to duplicate them without any problems, and I was able to proceed to completion, but I couldn’t seem to outline the lines and export the SVG correctly.

If you have the same problem, try the following:

1. export as PDF and import it into Vectornator
  2. export the imported project as an SVG
  3. If you import it, it will be responsive

Thanks for reporting this bug. I have already notified the QA team.
In the meantime, I can suggest you a workaround. You can select this object after importing the file into Vectornator and unmask it to see the outlined objects. Hope this works for you.

1 Like