Customize Tools in the Toolbar

This is a continuation of my Customizable Toolbar feature forum post below. :point_down:

So once the vectornator development team adds the “hamburger” icon to all tools in the toolbar and all tools are now movable, I now need the team to add a red minus button next to some specific tools in the toolbar. Let me explain.

Continuing on with the customizable toolbar theme, let users go further and let them customize what tools they want to see and don’t want to see on their toolbar by removing these tools from the toolbar. There are some tools I just don’t use and I don’t want to see them on my toolbar. Let us users customize our toolbar by removing specific tools we don’t use. Let me remove the text tool. I just don’t use it. Let me remove the scissors tool. I dont use that tool. Let me remove the eraser tool. I don’t use it. If I ever need to use these tools ill just add them back to my toolbar but please let me remove these tools and let me customize my toolbar to my workflow. So let users remove certain tools from their toolbar to customize their toolbar.

HOWEVER!!! There are 4 tools that should NOT be removable and these 4 tools are the selection tool, the direct selection tool, the shape tool, and the pen tool. These 4 tools revolve around the whole app. These 4 tools make the app function. These 4 tools make up the whole app. They should NOT be removable.

I went ahead and did the work for the development team. Below is a mock up of how things should look. I just need to the development team to add a red minus button next to the tools in the mock-up below. The selection tool, the direct selection tool, the shape tool, and the pen tool should NOT have a red minus button. Every other tool should.

If the fear of removing certain tools from the toolbar scares the vectornator team, do not worry. These tools are not gone forever. Users can still add them back to their toolbar. All tools will still be there below in the “More Tools.” If users need to see all tools again users can just hit the “Restore Defaults” button. Just please let users decide what tools they want to remove from their toolbar. Except for the selection tool, the direct selection tool, the shape tool, and the pen tool. Those 4 tools MUST stay on the toolbar.

Vectornator user @shushustorm requested this feature. They got 3 votes on their forum post. I truly believe in this feature they requested. I just wanted to make my own forum post talking about this feature, why it needs to happen, and provide a mock up of how the vectornator team can go about it. Below is shushustorms forum post for reference. :point_down: