Edit only within selection

Hello guys,
How can I edit only within a selection, similar to affynity designer’s insert inside tool?

Hi there @AMDark, welcome to the Community Forum!

Perhaps Click-Through Mode is what you’re looking for? If this doesn’t solve your question just let me know and we’ll work it out :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Helen

Hi @Helen , thanks for your attention.
Did not work. I would like to edit only within the selected object. For example, I select a circle and when using the brush the lines are only inside the selected object. I know it can be done with mascara but sometimes it’s a little confusing to apply.

Hi @AMDark,

Thanks for clarifying. A Mask definitely sounds like the best solution for the purposes you describe. It can be applied very easily, here’s a quick demo:

Also, here’s our Learning Hub article on the topic which may offer more information. I entirely understand that it can be a little tricky at first, but once you practice a few times, you’ll be using them effortlessly in no time!

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with,
Helen

Thanks for your attention, I will practice to better understand the tool.

It remains as a suggestion for implementing a new native function. Choose an object and edit only inside or outside it.

I was very fortunate to find advice on this issue. Good thing I didn’t have to create a new topic about editing within selection.