Mathematicians just found a BRAND NEW shape that will tile the plane to infinity and NEVER repeat. I wanted to take that shape, duplicate it over and over, rotate them, snap them together.
When done correctly, the shape will fully cover the canvas. I had created the shape but I can’t get Vectornator to snap the copies together. It snaps single edges great! Almost like Edge snap has priority over point snap. When I turn off edge snap it won’t snap to the points I want it to snap to.
I assume this is user error…. Here is a picture of some of the snap arrangements I am trying to create.
Here is how I created the shape….
- Standard Hexagon
- Make a triangle from corner to center to midpoint
- Make 4 copies of triangle
- Flip 2 triangles vertically
- Rotate outer 2 triangles
- Snap them together
- I selected all the outer segments, then Path, Join Path
- Used the Path+ tool to remove 3 inside lines
- Made 4 copies, multicolored
- Rotated them into the multicolored shape
- Used the Path+ tool to remove all internal lines
Now I have my complex shape outline. Thought maybe this information would be useful in understanding my snapping issue.