Looking for a quick way to extend a straight line

Hi folks – I’m on a Mac, so laptop-specific replies are appreciated.

In my old vector graphics program, I could extend a straight line by shift-dragging the anchor at the end. This was useful when a line had to go through a particular point, so I would end it there to ensure the location, but then extend from there to continue the path. This would extend the line, but not change the location or direction of the original line. I hope this makes sense.

Is there a similar method for doing this in Vectornator?

Thanks…

1 Like

Hi @Monque honestly I don’t understand what’s your problem.
I advice you to take a look the Learning Hub - Vectornator and The Shape Tool - Youtube

1 Like

Those links didn’t actually answer my question, but I figured it out.

Vectornator does exactly the same thing, I just had the wrong tool selected. I was using the path editing tool when I should have been using the selection tool (arrow).

3 Likes

This is what I was trying to do - extend the length of a line without changing the initial position or direction.

1 Like

I’am glad you solved your issue. :yum:

2 Likes

Hey @Monque,

Yes. At the moment we don’t support the same functionality as AI but as you said, you can simply use the Selection tool to extend your path following the same direction.
I can recommend you to press Shift while resizing so you can keep the proportions and the direction :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not doing anything too complicated – just simple illustrations for educational purposes. Vectornator suits my needs perfectly so far!

2 Likes