More transform tools: Shearing, Distort, Warp Envelope

In addition to scaling and rotating, it would be nice to also have shearing and free transform (distort).

2 Likes

Envelope distort would be the best addition to the app.

1 Like

I would like to be able to apply multiple transform effects to an object, its fill, or stroke: individually, layers, groups. In the first example, I apply transform effect to copy the square. The second effect is applied to the stroke to rotate. The second image is an example of artwork utilizing multiple Transform Effects on a single object. In this case, a simple square.

1 Like

Skew as a minimum. It is almost a necessity for axonometric drawings. Every other vector drawing program has this as additional handlers in the selected shape. You can do this with the node tool, but it is offen so much additional work.

Other kinds of distortions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Skew is the only missing feature I would need to definitely switch from Illustrator to Vectornator :pray:

1 Like

Trying a work around where I take a jpg of my work from vectornator and put it into another app to skew/shear what I want, then poop out a jpeg from that app to bring back into vectornator so that I can align the points and paths using the new skewed/sheared jpg as a guide :sweat_smile:

I can’t imagine the difficulty of implementing this feature, but manually skewing or changing the perspective of a complex object is intense. Thanks for all the super hard development work behind this lovely app

1 Like