More transform tools: Shearing, Distort, Warp Envelope

In addition to scaling and rotating, it would be nice to also have shearing and free transform (distort).

2 Likes

Envelope distort would be the best addition to the app.

4 Likes

I would like to be able to apply multiple transform effects to an object, its fill, or stroke: individually, layers, groups. In the first example, I apply transform effect to copy the square. The second effect is applied to the stroke to rotate. The second image is an example of artwork utilizing multiple Transform Effects on a single object. In this case, a simple square.

3 Likes

Skew as a minimum. It is almost a necessity for axonometric drawings. Every other vector drawing program has this as additional handlers in the selected shape. You can do this with the node tool, but it is offen so much additional work.

Other kinds of distortions would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Skew is the only missing feature I would need to definitely switch from Illustrator to Vectornator :pray:

4 Likes

Trying a work around where I take a jpg of my work from vectornator and put it into another app to skew/shear what I want, then poop out a jpeg from that app to bring back into vectornator so that I can align the points and paths using the new skewed/sheared jpg as a guide :sweat_smile:

I can’t imagine the difficulty of implementing this feature, but manually skewing or changing the perspective of a complex object is intense. Thanks for all the super hard development work behind this lovely app

3 Likes

This is a vital and necessary function! I tried for hours to create a simple four pane window, starting as 4 squares, group or combine, then TRANSFORM/SKEW one end smaller for perspective on all 4 squares. This should be a two or three click edit, but as yet it seems there’s just no simple way to do this simple edit. If someone knows, I’d love to hear it!
(either way, great app, looking forward to seeing where it goes)

1 Like

I add my vote for skew/envelope transforms.

I have one additional request, if you implement this feature, could you also add an option to ‘export .svg’ which exports as absolute values for the co-ordinates, rather than inserting transformation matrices please?

That may not be necessary, I’m basing this request on issues I have with skewed gradients in Inkscape, but I’m already finding that gradients work well in Vectornator. My technical lingo might be a bit off, I hope this makes sense.

Envelope distort for the win. Used it so much in Illustrator.

Been using Affinity Designer lately and truely feel like few of my fingers are cut off because this feature is missing. Hope we will see it in Vectornator soon!

What comes to Designer, it’s probably a lost cause as the feature has been requested on Affinity forums since 2006 or something lol.

2 Likes

I’m currently needing to distort and warp in procreate. Having these in vectornator would be very welcome. Already a great app on my Ipad.

2 Likes

Envelope or mesh warp would be a great multipurpose start

1 Like

Added some links to related posts. This is a really popular request. I hope you can get to it after Move is released. Thanks.

1 Like

Pretty Please :upside_down_face: