Pen tool crashes when switching from stroke to fill

Steps to reproduce:

1. Use the Pen tool
  2. Draw a path with the pen (fill off)
  3. Change it from Regular to Brush in Inspector/Style/Stroke
  4. Vectornator (iPad Pro with latest updates on OS and this tool) crashes when switching Stroke to Fill by tapping on the Swap button twice.

If you need further elaboration please let me know.

Hi @germangonzalez,

welcome to the Vectornator Forum and thanks for sharing your issue in detail! Unfortunately, we couldn’t reproduce the issue on our side. It would very helpful if you can share the crash report with us. Once the application on iOS or macOS crashes, it’ll automatically create an .ips file containing details about this crash. Attaching this log will help us better understand what caused this issue and how we can solve it.

Here’s how you can find this file:

iOS: go to iPad/iPhone Settings → Privacy → Analytics&Improvements → Analytics Data → scroll down to see crash reports named Vectornator-202.-…-… . → provide us with this .ips file.

macOS: In the Finder, go to your Applications folder, then Utilities and launch the Console app. Select Crash Reports, find the Vectornator process and select it. Control-click it and press “Reveal in Finder” from the shortcut menu. Copy or drag out the selected report and attach it to the Forum post.

You can send us the crash report to our support email support@vectornator.io.
Thank you very much!

Hi team, thank you for your prompt reply. This is the file requested…
Vectornator-2022-02-28-134630.ips (20.1 KB)
I recorded a short screenshot video for you guys to see how to reproduce the crash… I hope this helps

Hi @germangonzalez,

thanks a lot for your patience. We checked your crash report and saw that you are running Vectornator on an older version (4.6.0). The bug you experienced was fixed in the last update. Please update Vectornator to the most recent version which is 4.6.1. You can update Vectornator via the App Store.
Please let me know if the issue is fixed after you updated Vectornator :slight_smile:

All the best,
Vivien

2 Likes