Selecting Object/Layer Issue on Mac

I’m having a constant issue on MacOS (Big Sur 11.6.6) - older Mac (2014 MBP), but I don’t see this on iOS.

When I select an object, Vectornator more often than not gets stuck in some kind of loop where it starts selecting every layer in the project over and over. It seems to go from top to bottom as if I’m clicking quickly on every layer. After watching this process for a bit, I can usually get out of it by clicking on a layer. I don’t see any kind of behavior like this on iOS.

I didn’t see any other reports of the problem. Is it known?

2 Likes

Hi @adamesq, I have had the same bug sometimes too.

2 Likes

This bug is making Vectornator on the Mac almost unusable. There’s an additional issue where, when a curve is selected, changing fill or stroke makes the change, then Vectornator just decides to chose something else so I have to go back and reselect the curve again.

I can’t imagine others aren’t seeing these issues. They don’t exist on iPad.

1 Like

Hi there @adamesq,

Really sorry to hear about these issues! Would you mind providing a screen recording if you’re able to reproduce the problems?

Also, please let me know which version of Vectornator you’re currently running on your device - if you haven’t yet updated to 4.8.3, I’d recommend doing so :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Helen

Hi @Helen i found this bug form when vectornator introduce the redesign of layers. The bug persist in the 4.8.2 but at moment with 4.8.3 it hasn’t happened to me yet.

Thanx @Lorenzo & @Helen - Acquiring 4.8.3 now. I’ve been on 4.8.2.

I’ve attached a clip showing the issue. It starts at around 19 seconds.

1 Like

Hi @adamesq,

Thank you very much for providing the screen recording - it certainly does look very strange.

Please report back if this issue remains for you in 4.8.3 and we’ll investigate it :mag_right:

Cheers,
Helen

I’m not seeing the issue in the video any longer, but now I’m seeing more beach balls. Also, I’m having an interesting issue where clicking another path doesn’t unclick the last one. It’s acting as if I was holding CMD down while selecting another one. Definitely happy to have the randomness in the video gone though!

I’m so glad to hear the issue is gone! If it crops up again just let us know.

Regarding the selection issue - I’ve logged a ticket for the team to investigate the problem and will let you know as soon as I have any news on the matter.

Cheers,
Helen

Thank you, Helen. I spent a few hours with Vectornator on the Mac yesterday. The select-issue is fairy consistent, but the spinning beach balls have been extreme. I am on a 2014 MBP, but this doesn’t seem to be a processor issue. Activity monitor wasn’t showing excessive processor use for Vectornator.