Star tool doesn't work on macbook air

Hello,

Since the latest update the star tool creates polygons instead of stars.

Hi there @nikif,

May I ask when you select the star tool and draw your shape what setting do you choose for number of points? This option should appear next to the Toolbar as well as within the Inspector on the right when the shape you created is selected.

In order to get a traditional star shape, the number of points should be set to 5 or 6, however, it can be set up to 50.

If this still isn’t working for you, please respond with a screen recording of what you’re seeing and I’d be happy to help further :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Helen

Hello Helen,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I tried it with all kinds of number of point settings (3-50).
Unfortunately, the result is always the same.

I did a time lapse of when using the star tool and wrote the number of points under them.

Is it possible that there’s a setting I chose that makes this happen?
Or my mac air is not compatible with the newest version? I’m running Big Sur 11.2.3

Many thanks! :relaxed:

Hi there @nikif,

Thank you so much for providing the recording. I have passed this as well as all other details you previously provided to the team for further investigation and will be in touch as soon as I have an update for you.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Cheers,
Helen

1 Like

While drawing the star, hold down ⇧ Shift, which should alter the angle of the star. It looks like this value can’t be edited in the inspector once the shape is drawn, which may be a bug?

1 Like

Thank you so much. (:
It works.

I’m delighted that you have a solution to this issue! Nonetheless we’ll investigate the original issue and will reach out once we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like