Text justification resetting to left on edit

When editing text on macOS in the latest version of Vectornator (4.13.2), text justification is reset to the left every time a textbox is edited. The UI does not reflect this, and requires toggling the justification to another item and then back to the previous state. I’m using an M1 Macbook Air running Ventura (13.2).

Here’s a screen recording of the issue:

1 Like

Hi there @llui85,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we’ll certainly look into this issue. As I have been unable to reproduce this yet from my side, would you mind confirming whether this impacts only imported fonts or default ones also?

Cheers,
Helen

Hi Helen,

This issue happens for all fonts, including the defaults.

I am using version 4.1.13 and the issue is still there. March 6.2023.
Using Macbook Pro and OS Ventura 13.3.

Hi Helen,

I haven’t been active for a while, my apologies - but yes, this affects all fonts, including the default ones.

This is still an issue in 5.0.3 (after the Curve rebrand).

It doesn’t happen all the time for me, but it happens regardless of font choice when it does happen.

Also, when one of these “phantom” justified text objects are copied & pasted, the new textbox has the correct alignment.

Hey everyone, @llui85 @SHinDexter thank you all for chiming in. I can confirm that we did implement a fix with 5.0.0 on this matter.

However, since it seems to persist, if anyone has a reproducable suggestion existing with 5.0.3, we are more than happy to take a look and see what we can do to help.

1 Like

Hey @Medet I can indeed still reproduce this in 5.0.3. This only affects the editor - saved files open with the correct justification, so I’m unsure what information I can collect that’ll help the team debug this.

I have attached a screen recording and the .curve file with undo history enabled.

text-editing-file.vectornator (63.3 KB) [you need to allow .curve file uploads on the forum]

1 Like

Amazing! I can now confirm you can upload .curve extensions as well as adding this issue on our list.

It appears that this one is different to the fix we’ve brought with 5.0.0 so the team is now looking at this as a separate issue.

Thank you so much for your patience and help!

1 Like