Vector AI Adobe Stock refuses to import

Hi
I have a ton of Adobe Illustrator stock (purchased from Adobe Stock) that will not import into Vectornator. The only way to get it to import, is to first open it in AI, resave the file and then it will open. This defeats the object as I want to get rid of Adobe subs altogether. I’ve tested with stock purchased on Vectorstock for instance, and they open fine.

When I try to import Adobe Stock vector stock, it shows the following error message: The operation couldn’t be completed. (WDDocument error 102.)

Could you please assist / bug fix the issue?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks.
Ros

1 Like

Hi there @Ros777,

Would you mind confirming the OS and Vectornator version you’re currently using and I’ll go ahead and pass this on to the team for evaluation?

It would also be extremely helpful if you could share a screen recording of the failed import process, if possible.

Cheers,
Helen

Hello Helen
Thank you for replying promptly.
I’m using OS Monterey 12.4 and Vectornator Version 4.8.4. I have attached a screen recording as requested.

Would it be at all possible to get a response on this as I’ve just cancelled my Adobe subs. :blush:

1 Like

Hey @Ros777,

Thanks a million for providing that extra information as well as the helpful video demonstration.

I have logged a ticket with the QA team who will assess this situation and as soon as I have an update for you I’ll be in touch.

Cheers,
Helen

Thank you. Standing by for response. :blush:

Hello Helen
Has there been any further development on this? I’m still really stuck with a project using my AI stock files.
R

Erm, hello??

Hi there @Ros777,

Apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately I have not yet received any updates on this case but will flag it with the team as being of increased priority. In the meantime, would you mind letting me know if the issue persists in the latest version of Vectornator (4.9.0)?

Thank you,
Helen

Thanks for the feedback Helen. I just tested the latest Vectornator (4.9.0) and still getting the same error message:
The operation couldn’t be completed. (WDDocument error 102.) :disappointed_relieved:
I really hope they prioritise. I’m still unable to do any work that requires adobe vector stock images.
Thanks
Ros

Would you mind forwarding one of the effected files to us for testing? Feel free to forward here or via private message to me directly :slight_smile:

Hello Helen
I’ve sent you a private message with the file. Please confirm receipt?
Thanks
Ros777

1 Like

I have the same problem.

I have the same problem and I need it to be solved as soon as possible.

Hi there @Felicia and @javiipa,

I have contacted you both individually via the forum’s messaging feature - if you wouldn’t mind checking your inbox that would be great!

Cheers,
Helen

Hello Helen
Can I assume by the silence that Vectornator is unable to resolve the issue and that it’s not the best alternative to AI?

Hi folks,

I have checked in again with the Product Team on this matter and unfortunately received the feedback that Vectornator is unable to support the file format used in Adobe’s Stock Images.

I sincerely apologise for this disappointing update.

Best,
Helen

Hi everyone,

Although Vectornator still cannot support the default file format of Adobe stock images, I wanted to share a solution that worked for a fellow user facing the same issue. The user in question opened their desired stock file within Illustrator and resaved it as AI 2020 compatible and from this point they were able to use the file within Vectornator.

I hope that this can serve as a workaround to some of you :crossed_fingers:

Best,
Helen