Vectornator 4.5 with the brand new Color Widget is live!🎊

Vectornator 4.5 is live and with it some exciting new features. :partying_face:

We’d like to introduce you to the new Color Widget!
With the Color Widget, it’s never been easier to change colors in Vectornator.
Update your app and check it out. Let us know in the comments below how you use the new Color Widget and what you think about it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If you are curious about the Vectornator Master-Minds behind the 4.5 update, take a look at our blog here.

Enjoy creating!

3 Likes

Love the new Color Widget and quick access without having to open up the Inspector! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Looks great! I really like the RGBA overlay. Not sure about the massive preview circle while selecting (a bit big and difficult to discern where the selected colour is), but I’m sure I’ll get used to it quickly.

A few gestures on the floating colours could be useful though, such as:

1. Dragging the colour onto the canvas to quickly select a colour (eyedropper).
  2. Dragging the fill on top of stroke (or vice-versa) to swap the fill and stroke.
  3. Double-tap to toggle the colour on or off.

Short hex colours still don’t work though.

And a massive thank you to whoever took the time to fix copy and paste in the colour picker - this was bugging me for years!

2 Likes

Hi there :wave:.

I’m new to Vectornator… and also new to digital art as well. I’m loving Vectornator so far and also the really helpful tutorials and videos. Thanks so much :pray:.

I’m using the MacOS version and I am wondering, is it possible to keep the colour widget open permanently to make it easier to switch between colours and in particular switch between colours from a palette? I saw this done on the iPad version on this video Vectornator: How To Design A Flat Landscape! 🎨 - YouTube and thought it was a really feature. Sorry if this is possible already and I’ve missed it.

Thanks again.

Matt

2 Likes

@llui85 Great feedback, thanks for that. We’ll have a look into those.

In regards to your 2nd and 3rd points for “swapping” and “disabling color” → you can use a long-press to trigger a context menu that gives you quick access to those features (see screenshot).

Hope you find this helpful to speed up your design workflow! Cheers

4 Likes