Compatibility Problem

I created a file on Vectornator 4.4.2 on my iPad. I just went to edit it on my Mac (version 4.4.3) and when I go back to the iPad, it says that the file is not compatible with the iPad version. Is this due to there not being a version 4.4.3 for iPad yet?

I was also having issues adding new shapes to the file on the Mac, not sure if this is a related issue. There were no problems editing a document if it was created on the Mac.

Thanks!

Hey Brian @Chemteacher,

welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your issue.
Unfortunately, the 4.4.3 version for iOS was released somewhat delayed after the macOS version. However, all devices (Mac, iPad, iPhone) can run on 4.4.3 now! Check our Announcements post about 4.4.3 and let us know if you still face any issues.

I was also having issues adding new shapes to the file on the Mac, not sure if this is a related issue. There were no problems editing a document if it was created on the Mac.

Could you please provide us with some more details about the issue? Are they still occurring?

All the best,
Vivi

1 Like

Thanks! It looks like the update when live last night and the file now works again on the iPad.

For the second issue, when I open up a Vectornator file from iCloud on the computer, the file opens, but I cannot click on anything to select it. I can select a component through the layer menu and do things like change the color, but cannot do so by directly clicking on a component. The drawing and shape tools can also be selected but nothing happens when I click and drag to use them. If I open a new blank file on the computer, everything seems to be working correctly.

Hi Brian @Chemteacher,

thanks a lot for providing us with the details. May I ask you to check the following settings, please:

1. Open the document on your iPad.
  2. Check on your iPad if the option “Draw only with pencil” is turned on.
  3. If yes and you want to use the same file on your computer, please turn off the option.

Let us know if this helps. Meanwhile, we investigate further into this issue.

All the best,
Vivi

Unfortunately that does not seem to fix the problem. When I turn off the "Draw only with pencil setting, it turns back on when I go back into the file.

Additionally, I found that with the new update on both the computer and iPad, I am unable to export SVGs. I can select the option and export, but even though the file is labeled as an svg, a few different pieces of software are reading what should be vectors as bitmaps.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian @Chemteacher,

our QA team is looking into your issue. I hope I can come back with a solution soon.

Regarding your issue of exporting SVG files, may I ask you to provide us with the .vectornator and SVG files so that I can share them with our developers? Please feel free to attach it here. Or you can write us an email to support@vectornator.io mentioning a link to this Forum post and provide us with this file.

Many thanks!

Thanks for looking into this. I have emailed an example file. Files that I created before the update seem to be fine, but files created after seem to have this problem.