Importing Music notation into Vectornator

@VinylDinosaur It works with Inkscape because it converts the music symbols into paths. Illustrator isn’t working for me at the moment, but I imagine it does the same thing. The downsides of this approach mean that other text (e.g lyrics) are also converted to paths, and the file size is much larger. Exporting to SVG is just a shorter way of getting to this point.

The problem is that Vectornator doesn’t support fonts embedded within the PDF file. This is probably because the experience would be quite confusing for the user. (imagine if you tried to edit text in a document you’d imported, but some characters don’t show up!) I’ll be making a post in the feedback category shortly about this - here’s a quick mockup I made of how the process could work:

@ButlerToCats The problem isn’t so much the installing of fonts, but that a different font is created for each PDF depending on which musical symbols you’ve used, making this practically infeasible.

Here are two screenshots of the character mapping in FontForge from two PDFs in my library, both using the same music font (Bravura):

And a few more, this time with some PDFs from Sibelius (Opus):