Unexpected string replacement

Issue Report:

The issue does not occur every time but is often reproducible. It may depend on specific documents. The font being used is BIZ UDPGothic specified as BOLD. You can find the font here: BIZ UDPGothic.

Attached is the document in question.

Steps to reproduce:

1:Open the document.
2:Select the targeted text box.
3:Double-click the text box with the cursor positioned at the | symbol.
→ Unexpected string replacement may occur.

In addition, here are some additional notes to include:

If the issue can be replicated in other environments, not just my own documents or settings, please address it accordingly.

MacBook Pro M1, 2020
Mem:16 GB
CFBundleExecutable:Curve
ShortVersion:5.4.1

thanks

–Japanese

不具合報告
毎回発生するわけではないが
再現する事が多い
特定の書類に依存する可能性がある
使用しているフォントはこちら
BIZ UDPGothicをBOLD指定している

対象のドキュメントを添付する

発生手順
1:ドキュメントを開きます
2:対象のテキストBOXを選択
3:カーソルが|の状態でテキストBOXをダブルクリック
ーー>意図しない文字列の置換が発生する事がある

私の書類や環境依存でなく
他環境でも再現するなら、対応ください
では
まずはご確認ください

1024x1024.curve.zip (31.0 KB)

Hey @QuickTimer , thanks for letting us know about this issue! I checked it out myself and saw what you mean – it’s a bit unpredictable. I’ve reported the bug to our team to get it fixed. Your help in spotting this is really appreciated. If you come across anything else or have more feedback, feel free to reach out. Thanks again!

1 Like

Mr. Nadya,

Thank you for confirming.

I couldn’t determine whether the issue lies with the OS, my settings, or the Curve app, so your assistance was appreciated.

It appears to be related to USB issues on MacOS 14.4.
Thank you for your assistance.

–Japanese
Nadyaさん
確認ありがとうございます

OSや私の設定の問題かCurveアプリの問題か
私は判断できなかったので
助かりました

MacOS14.4でのUSB関連の不具合の影響と思われます

対応ありがとうございましたm(_ _)m

@QuickTimer You’re very welcome! Were you able to resolve it on your end? I wanted to mention that we still have this bug recorded on our side, and we’re actively looking into it. Your experience might provide valuable insights for our team.

1 Like

Files.zip (352.8 KB)

Dear Nadya,

I would like to bring another issue to your attention for verification. We have encountered an unexpected font substitution problem. While “BIZUDPGothic-Regular” is correctly specified in the UUID.json file,

when exported to SVG, unintended substitutions occur. The font-family for text and tspan may differ, with different PS names specified, leading to tspan display inconsistencies.

This issue seems to stem from discrepancies between the code and display in macOS Font Palette. Currently,

macOS 14.4.1 has various other issues, and while I believe they are OS-related, there might be instances of unintended font substitutions with other characters as well.

Could you please confirm whether this is specific to my environment or a broader issue? I apologize for the recurring requests, and thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

—日本語で
Nadyaさん
またまた、確認をお願いしたい事例があります
フォントの意図しない置換が発生しました
UUID.json上は
"BIZUDPGothic-Regular"を正しく指定していますが
SVGに書き出すと
意図しない置換が発生し
textのfont-familyと
tspanのfont-familyが違うPS名が指定されていてて
表示もtspanの表示になる事があります

問題がmacOSの文字パレットにみられる
コードと表示の問題に起因すると思われますが

今macOS14.4.1は他にも色々問題あって
OS起因だとは思いますが
他の文字でも意図しないフォントの置換が発生するかも?
しれません。
まずは、私の環境依存なのか?確認いただけないでしょうか?
毎回面倒なお願いばかりで申し訳ありませんが
よろしくお願いいたします。

Hey @QuickTimer , I’ll take a closer look at the issue you’ve mentioned and reach out with updates as soon as possible.

1 Like